Making your own envelopes is a fun way to get creative with your correspondence. The art of letter writing is far from dead, especially when you are making your own note cards and envelopes. The fun of envelope making is in the materials; use magazine pages, old maps, gift wrap or pretty card stock to make interesting and eye-catching envelopes. The recipient will love the beauty of your handmade envelope creation.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Envelope template
- Paper (card stock, printer paper, magazine pages, gift wrap)
- Glue stick
Download a template for your envelope. There are many types to choose from. If you just want to make a classic-style envelope, unfold an envelope you already have on hand and use that as your template.
Pick what type of paper you'll be using to make your envelope.
Trace the template onto your paper, and cut it out.
Follow the instructions on the template on how to fold the envelope properly. If you are using a regular envelope as a template, see how that envelope was folded. Make a strong crease with each fold.
Glue the flaps down to create the envelope. Don't forget to leave the top open so you can slip your love note, note card or letter inside.
Tips and warnings
- If you are using a map or magazine page as an envelope, use a white sticky label to write or print your address on so it can be read easily.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for