Rosewood furniture is furniture that is made from rosewood, which typically has an oriental theme but can also have a European and American theme. The furniture comes in many forms such as pagoda lamps, stools, chairs, platform bed frames and dining room sets. Rosewood furniture can be imported from China, Taiwan and India along with many other Asian countries. This wood can be very delicate and needs to be taken care of in a very careful and deliberate way.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- 2 soft cloths
- Linseed oil
Dampen a soft cloth with lukewarm water. Carefully wipe down every inch of your Rosewood furniture to remove dust, dirt and any spills that may have occurred.
Pour some linseed oil on a soft cloth and oil your Rosewood furniture. Apply it sparingly and let it soak in for a few minutes before polishing it with a soft, dry cloth. Avoid getting the oil on any stones or gems that may be on your Rosewood furniture.
Keep extreme temperatures away from your Rosewood furniture. This can cause the wood to crack and split.
Always use drink coasters before putting cups and glasses on the furniture. Condensation will cause rings on the furniture that cannot be removed without a good sanding.
Tips and warnings
- Never allow coloured products around the furniture such as fingernail polish, food colouring or coloured liquids. These will stain the furniture and cannot be removed without a thorough sanding.
- Never use alcohol-based products around the furniture such as alcoholic beverages, fingernail polish remover or paint thinners. These kinds of products will damage the furniture.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for