Black peppercorn infused vodka is very easy to make at home, and can be used in countless recipes. Black peppercorn vodka really spices up a bland Bloody Mary. Martini fans will surely love the intense, bold flavour of a black peppercorn martini. When making this infused vodka at home, make sure you use good-quality vodka, or at least your favourite brand, as the black peppercorns can really bring out subtleties in the vodka that you may not have notice before.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 3/4 cup black peppercorns
- Mortar and pestle
- 2 clean 750ml bottles
- 750ml vodka
- Coffee filter
- Paper or plastic label
Crush the black peppercorns with a mortar and pestle until they have the same consistency as coarse ground coffee.
Pour the crushed peppercorns into a clean 750ml bottle. Add the vodka to the bottle. Shake vigorously for 15 to 20 seconds.
Label the bottle to identify the contents and the date it was made.
Store the vodka in a cool, dark place for two to three weeks, shaking daily to recombine the ingredients.
Strain the black peppercorns out of the vodka through a coffee filter, catching the vodka in the second clean 750ml bottle.
Tips and warnings
- If you do not have a mortar and pestle, you can use a pepper mill. Use the largest setting available if your pepper mill can grind the peppercorns to different sizes.
- For a more intense flavour, store the bottle in a cool, dark place for one month before using.
- Don't keep the infused vodka for more than one year. It will lose much of its intensity and will not be very appealing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for