Bars and pubs have traditionally offered beer, wine and liquor; however, many establishments are now turning to a new type of mixed drink crafted by a new type of bartender. The "mixologist" is a bartender who specialises in crafting drinks made with a variety of liquors, juices and liqueurs to create unique flavours. These drinks often taste like something else, typically a sweet fruit, candy or dessert. The Smartie drink is a shot designed to taste like the small, sweet, fruity Smarties candies.
Fill the drink shaker 2/3 full of ice. Place 4 shot glasses in a line on a flat surface. Chilling the shaker with ice as you prepare the shot glasses allows it to become cold enough to chill the drinks.
Pour 59.1ml. of grape schnapps into the drink shaker.
Pour 56.7gr. of melon liqueur into the drink shaker. Place the lid back on the drink shaker.
Shake to mix the grape schnapps and melon liqueur.
Remove the lid of the drink shaker and place the strainer on top of the shaker.
Pour the drink through the strainer into the shot glasses. Each glass should be filled with 29.6ml. of the Smarties drink.
- Jared Palot; Mixologist; Las Vegas, NV
- If a drink shaker is not available, simply stir the ingredients together, remove the ice and pour into the glasses.
- Chilling the liqueurs prior to use will eliminate the need for ice.
- Ensure alcoholic beverages are consumed only by persons of the legal age.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images