Zumba is a dance fitness trend that over 5 million people participate in per week. Zumba classes fuse Latin rhythms, international beats and easy-to-follow moves for an excellent cardiovascular workout. As of July 2009, the Zumba programme was being taught at over 40,000 locations in 75 countries, so finding a class should be simple.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Internet access
The official Zumba website keeps a searchable database of classes and Zumba instructors. To search for a class, go to www.zumba.com and click on "Find a Class." Enter your address or post code to find all the Zumba classes offered in your area.
To search for a Zumba instructor, click on "Find an Instructor." From this page you can search by name or by location. For example, to see a list of Zumba instructors in London, click on the "Search Locations" tab and enter "London" A list of all Zumba Instructors will pop up with photographs and phone numbers. You can also view an instructor's profile to learn more about her and where she teaches.
Once you have located a class, call the instructor, gym or studio to see if you need to make a reservation or arrive early. Zumba classes can be very popular and some facilities have a limited amount of space.
Finding a Zumba class
Tips and warnings
- Wear comfortable clothes and appropriate workout shoes.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after the Zumba class.
- If you already belong to a gym or fitness studio, ask at the front desk if Zumba classes are offered.
- Before beginning a new workout, be careful and start slowly. Some participants may need to consult a doctor before attending a class.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for