The Wii Balance Board allows you to control certain Wii Balance Board compatible games. The Wii Balance Board allows you to interact with the game by shifting your weight on the board. However, if the board becomes unresponsive or is not properly synced, you will not be able to use it to play games. Troubleshooting a Wii Balance Board can help you identify and fix these issues.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Replace the batteries in your Wii Balance Board. This is the leading cause of malfunction. Low batteries can cause your board to lose its connection with your Nintendo or become uncalibrated.
Insert a Wii Balance Board compatible game into the Nintendo Wii and start the game using the Wii Remote.
Open the SD slot cover on the front of the Nintendo Wii.
Remove the battery cover located on the underside of your Wii Balance Board.
Press the red button inside the battery cover of the Wii Balance Board. Release the button once the blue lights begin flashing.
Press the red button on the Nintendo Wii and release it. Ensure that the blue light is still flashing on the Wii Balance Board.
Wait for the blue light on the Wii Balance Board to stop flashing and remain on. Your Wii Balance Board is now synced and should function properly.
Call 1-800-255-3700 to speak with Nintendo Technical Support if this method does not remedy your issue.
Tips and warnings
- When playing a Wii Balance Board game, the calibration may be thrown off if you switch players in the middle of a game. Quit the game and restart if two players of different weights are switching off.
- Avoid using the Wii Balance Board on plush carpets. Place the Wii Balance Board on a hard flat surface or use the foot extenders to ensure that nothing is pushing on the bottom of the board.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for