Wearing lapel pins is an excellent way to display your love of your favourite cause, school, sports team, or that special someone. While you can purchase lapel pins in a variety of styles, you can make your own custom lapel pins to cover a broader variety of subjects. When you make lapel pins, you are limited only by your creativity and imagination. Turn miniature photos, magnets, ribbons, and any other small item into a lapel pin. Use new pin backs (found at crafts stores) or recycle old lapel pin backs to make your own personalised lapel pins.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Pin back
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue stick
- Preferred item (such as a photo or ribbon)
Heat up your hot glue gun. You will need to use only one glue stick to make your own lapel pin.
Use the tweezers to hold the pin back. (Using tweezers will keep your fingers from getting burnt by the hot glue.)
Drop a few beads of hot glue directly onto the flat surface of the pin back.
Immediately place the pin back on the underside of your preferred item. Allow the hot glue to cool and harden completely before pinning the lapel pin to garments.
Tips and warnings
- Hot glue can burn your skin. Be very careful when handling hot glue guns and hot glue sticks.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for