Nutritious and delicious fruit smoothies whip up in seconds with an electric blender. The health benefits are tremendous for something so quick to prepare. Just follow these steps to blend a refreshing fruit smoothie for yourself or a crowd.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Fresh or frozen (thawed) fruit
- Crushed ice
- Fruit juice
- Skim or soy milk
- Crushed, unsalted nuts (optional)
Choose fruits that go well together for a smoothie, or stick to a single fruit. Classic combinations include oranges and pineapples, strawberries and bananas, or peaches, cream and berries.
Peel fruits such as oranges, pineapples and peaches, as necessary. Chop fresh fruits into chunks.
Fill a blender with chunks of fresh or thawed previously frozen fruit, then top off with a cup of crushed ice.
Add 1/2 cup of fruit juice, 1/2 cup skim or soy milk, and a cup of yoghurt.
Add 1/2 cup of crushed walnuts, pecans or nuts of your choice to increase the protein.
Blend all ingredients on high until creamy and smooth. Serve immediately.
Tips and warnings
- Skip the yoghurt and increase the soy milk to 1 cup for individuals who are lactose intolerant.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for