Creating your own baby hamper is a project that can be done quickly and easily to create a memorable gift for a baby shower or gift for a newborn. By putting useful items in a large basket, you will be able to give a mother a multitude of gifts to help her and her baby. The basket will double as a laundry hamper for the nursery, and all of the items inside will be used daily for baby.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Large basket with handles
- Roll of clear cellophane
- 6 feet of ribbon cut in three 2-foot strips
- Baby blanket
- 2 baby bottles
- 3 small baby toys such as rattles or stuffed animals
- 2 burp cloths
- 2 bibs
- Package of baby spoons
- Package of baby bowls and/or plates
- Fitted crib sheet
- Optional: diapers, baby clothes or shoes, baby bath liquid or lotion
Buy a basket with handles that is large enough to double as a laundry basket--about 2 or 3 feet wide and 2 or 3 feet deep. Line the basket with a baby blanket.
Put all of the gift items into the basket, with the largest items in the back or on the bottom and the smallest items in the front or on the top.
Roll the clear cellophane out on a flat surface. Cut two pieces that are three times the size of the basket. Place the basket on one piece of cellophane and pull the sides up around the basket. Bunch it up in the middle and tie it with ribbon.
Wrap the second piece of cellophane around the basket in the same way and tie it. The two pieces should now have completely wrapped the basket.
Tie the centre of the bunched cellophane again with the last piece of ribbon.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for