When you make a teddy bear rocker, you do not play around. This extra large teddy bear rocker snuggles your child in a soft, fuzzy cocoon of thick, plush fur, providing the perfect story time seat. This rocking chair is just right for your kindergarten or preschool graduate. This nurturing teddy bear rocking chair is large enough to hug most average height adults as well, making it ideal as a gag gift for a retirement party.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 8-feet tall teddy bear
- Classic rocking chair with wide, deep seat; wide, flat arms and high back
- Clear instant epoxy
- Seam ripper
- Needle and thread
Find the largest teddy bear that you can. If possible, it should look something like the bear pictured below, which has a straight-leg, arms out pattern.
Purchase a rocking chair large enough to fit your chosen bear in a seated position. Use a seam ripper to open your bear across his bottom, close to where his legs bend when he is seated on the chair. Open your bear up each side to about 6 inches from his armpits. Be careful not to lose any of his stuffing.
Slip the bear over the back of the rocker, facing forward. Carefully stitch his sides and bottom seam back together as tightly as you can, with the back of the rocker inside the bear's body.
Apply instant epoxy to the seat of the rocker to help hold the bear in place. Be careful not to get any epoxy anywhere except the bear's bottom.
Smooth instant epoxy on one arm of the rocker at a time, and then secure the bear's arms.
Tips and warnings
- Raffle your teddy bear rocker at a fundraiser for your favourite charity. Donate one to your local women's shelter, crisis nursery, or Shriner's hospital. Create outfits and identities for each teddy bear rocking chair that you make.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for