There is no reason for you to go broke trying to feel like a princess on your special day. Cinderella fans everywhere will appreciate these home-made glass slipper wedding centrepieces. The larger pieces are perfect for the dessert or wedding party tables, and smaller pieces can be made for guest tables or as party favours. These glass slipper wedding centrepieces are perfect for the Cinderella enthusiast or Disney Princesses theme---and they won't break your budget!
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- High-heeled women's shoe or doll's shoe
- Silver spray paint
- Clear, flat glass beads of varied shapes and sizes
- Green foam rectangular base
- Fake flowers and leaves
- Clear-drying craft glue or hot glue gun
- Clear or matching glass plate
- Tea lights or matching candles (optional)
- Ringed flower arrangement (optional)
Spray-paint the heeled shoe until completely coated. Allow the shoe to dry completely, at least 24 hours.
Glue the glass beads onto the shoe until it is completely covered. Fit the beads together so that no part of the shoe is left uncovered. Don't worry about the beads being uniform, because the unevenness of the surface allows for more reflection when placed in the light. Allow the glue to dry for about 1 hour.
Cut the green foam base to fit inside the shoe. Arrange and glue your fake flowers and leaves in the rectangular base. The arrangement, when complete, should not show the foam base at all and should drape over the shoe once placed within the opening.
Place the foam base into the shoe. Adjust the overall appearance of the centrepiece, then glue the foam into the base of the shoe to hold it in place during travel.
Place the centrepiece on the glass plate and arrange the flowers so that they drape effectively. You may also want to place a ring of tea lights, scented candles, coloured beads or additional flowers in a ring on the outer edge of the plate, surrounding the slipper.
Tips and warnings
- Use newspaper to cover your work surface before painting or gluing. Do not glue anything down until you are certain of its placement.
- Moving the flowers too frequently will chip away at the foam base and cause it to be useless.
- Spray paint contains fumes that can cause difficulty in breathing. Do not use spray paint in an enclosed area. Wear a mask to avoid breathing in fumes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for