The cost of mocha coffee -- the tasty combination of espresso or coffee plus chocolate and milk -- adds up quickly if you frequent coffee shops. But you can save money by making cafe mocha at home and tailoring it to your own particular taste. Add whipped cream for a decadent treat, or transform it into an alcoholic beverage with Kahlua, rum, Bailey's or other liqueur. In summer months, use chilled coffee and add ice for a delicious iced mocha.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Coffee maker or espresso machine
- 1/2 cup coffee or a shot of espresso
- 1 cup milk
- Hot chocolate mix
Make your coffee or espresso. If you choose coffee, make it twice as strong as normal. If you're preparing mochas for a group, make a half cup of coffee or one shot of espresso per serving.
Heat one cup of milk per serving. If you have an espresso machine, use the milk frothing attachment.
Add powdered hot chocolate mix to your mug in the amount specified on the packaging. If you're concerned about calories, opt for a fat-free hot cocoa mix. But if taste is your primary concern, choose a premium hot cocoa.
Stir in the heated milk and top with coffee or espresso.
Tips and warnings
- If you're vegan or lactose intolerant, substitute soy or rice milk.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for