Crime series "The Mentalist," follows CBI consultant Patrick Jane, as he uses his his observational skills to read peoples minds. Patrick Jane, played by Australian actor Simon Baker, wears his hair in a combed back, wavy style. This is a great casual style for those with wavy medium length hair, and is suitable for all ages and face shapes. With the proper cut, product, and styling method, this hairstyle can be achieved in generally 10-15 minutes.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Styling product
Wash hair thoroughly using shampoo and conditioner, lightly towel and let it dry naturally.
Drying time depends on which product you are using. If you are using a dry product such as wax, wait for your hair to dry almost completely. However, if you are using a liquid based product such as gel/cream, make sure your hair is substantially moist.
Apply the product to your hair. Taking a small amount of product, apply all over in a backward sweeping motion. This includes the sides, if you decided to leave them long enough to be styled.
Adding more product, pinch and twist the hair, making sure that you get to the roots. This will ensure that the style remains in place.
Sweep the top of your hair to the right using your fingertips. To achieve "The Mentalist" look, you don't want the hair to go straight back, you want a slight angle. Aim for the back right of your head.
Hold a bottle of hairspray 10-15cm from head and spray evenly over hair to ensure a firm hold.
Tips and warnings
- If you can't figure out how to do the style yourself, take a picture of Simon Baker to a hairdresser or stylist, who will will be able to assist you in achieving the look.
- If your hair is very thick or wavy, consider using a comb to achieve the desired style.
- Every hair type is different, so experiment with different products to find the most suitable for your hair.
- Refrain from blow drying your hair to achieve the desired look. Although it is okay to do it from time to time, doing it too often can damage your hair.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for