Learn the basic technique for holding and throwing a football, including tips, tricks, and pointers, in this free football beginner guide on video.
we are now going to show you the proper way to hold and throw a football for beginning football. This is a regular NFL official football. The important thing to remember when gripping a football is to utilize the laces. If you can see my grip that is how a football should be properly held, utilizing a five finger spread. The thumb is used to point the football in a particular direction and the other four fingers on the laces are used to guide the football in that direction and to give it force. What we will do now is I will show Maddy how to hold the football, so come on over here Madison and put your hand on the football the correct and proper way. You need to bring your hand down here okay and that is how you would properly hold a football before throwing it.
- Defensive Backfield Positions in American Football
- Sacking the Quarterback in American Football
- Defensive Line Positions in American Football
- Kicking & Punting a Football
- Holding the Ball: Throwing Fundamentals for Football Beginners
- How to Throw a Football
- Making the Hand Off in American Football
- Basic Football Blocking Skills
- Snapping the Ball in American Football
- Offensive Positions: Understanding American Football
- How to Score Points with Offense in American Football
- Overview of the Rules of American Football