If your child loves all things firefighter, consider baking him or her a fireman cake for a birthday or as part of a firefighter birthday party. Fireman cakes may also be created to honour firefighters at your fire brigade, to be entered in cake decorating competitions and for other events. Make cakes in the shape of firefighters or utilise your children's fire trucks and firefighter figurines to decorate your cake. Fondant may also be used to create firefighter figures or other decorations.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cake mix
- Two cake pans
- Green buttercream frosting
- Almond bark candy
- Parchment paper
- Red food colouring
- Fondant and fondant tints (colour is your choice)
- Cake platter
- Toy fire trucks
- Toy firefighters
- Toy cars
Bake a 10-inch round cake and an 8-inch round cake. Set the smaller cake on top of the larger cake with buttercream icing as your "glue." Place the cakes on a cake platter. Frost both cakes entirely with green buttercream icing.
Melt almond bark candy in a microwave for about 15 to 30 seconds to create "flames." Paint the flames red with food colouring, though do not blend it in fully to give the flames a streaky, realistic appearance. Spread the bark thinly on a piece of parchment paper and shape it to resemble fire. Allow it to harden and place it on a top corner of your cake using buttercream frosting as your glue.
Use fondant to make pieces for decorating the sides of the cake. This can include roads, ladders, grass, automobiles and stop signs. The pieces should be thin and therefore easy to glue to the sides of the cake using buttercream frosting.
Set toy fire trucks, cars and fireman figurines on and around the cake as desired to complete your fireman cake.
Tips and warnings
- Additional ideas for firefighter cakes include those in the shape of firefighters. Cake pans in such shapes are available through dessert product websites. Other options include cakes in the shape of fireman hats, burning buildings and fire trucks.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for