Greek waiters have a reputation for friendliness and their ability to carry heavy trays of food and drinks with aplomb. They are known to encourage guests to dance and happily demonstrate to diners how to toss plates during traditional Greek dances -- often joining in with dance moves of their own. Greek waiters dress in a manner that suits the needs of their busy job and with the right clothes, you too can dress up as a Greek waiter.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Black shoes with comfortable soles
- Black trousers with at least 1 back pocket
- White, long-sleeve, button-down shirt or white T-shirt
- Sender necktie (optional)
- Black or white apron, bib-style or skirt-style
- White hand-towel
- Waiter's tray
Choose black shoes with comfortable black-soles -- preferably casual shoes rather than tennis shoes, sandals or dress shoes.
Pull on a pair of black trousers. Pair them with a long-sleeved white shirt and narrow necktie, or a plain white T-shirt -- either will work, depending on the weather and your comfort level.
Hold a crisply ironed black apron (white as a second choice) in front of you. Fold the bib portion down, if there is one, in order to create a skirt-style apron. Face the bib portion toward your body and tie the apron around your waist.
Shove a white hand towel, folded lengthwise, into your back pocket -- leaving half of it to hang out.
Add a large serving tray to your ensemble. Consider gluing some plastic bowls and cups onto the tray to make it look like you are truly "at work."
Tips and warnings
- To add humour and pizazz to a Greek waiter costume, consider demonstrating what is known as the "Greek Waiter Tray" science experiment, held in many science classrooms to demonstrate gravity-defying force. Holes are pierced into a paper-plate "tray," and with the addition of heavy string handles, the serving tray is swung like a Ferris wheel, never spilling its contents or glassware.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for