If you love ice cream and are happy to experiment with new flavours, this is the recipe for you. Bubblegum is youthful and nostalgic, so bubblegum-flavoured ice cream will appeal to children and adults alike. Brilliant for birthday parties, summer get-togethers, or even a novel twist to a dinner party, this playful dessert will make everyone smile. There is room for adjustment, so be creative and add your own individual twist to this recipe.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 cups cream (475 grams)
- 2 cups milk (475ml)
- 2/3 cup sugar (150 grams)
- 70 to 100 grams bubblegum
- 5 egg yolks
- Mixing bowl
- Ice cream machine
Warm the milk, cream and sugar together in a medium pan on a medium heat, allowing the mixture to simmer gently.
Chop the bubblegum into small pieces and add to the warm mixture.
Take the pan off the heat and allow to stand for one hour.
Pour the milk mixture through a sieve into a large mixing bowl and transfer back into the pan to reheat.
Crack the eggs and separate the yolks. Place the yolks in the mixing bowl and slowly add the warm milk mixture. Whisk constantly throughout this stage.
Return the mixture to the pan and heat on medium until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Strain the mixture through a sieve into a large bowl once more, leave to cool and then chill before churning in your ice cream machine. When firm, remove and chill in freezer.
Tips and warnings
- Let children help you make the ice cream and have fun decorating it when it is ready.
- Adding blue or pink colouring will give your ice cream an authentic, fun look.
- Be careful with the mixture near children, as it can get very hot.
- Be careful when using scissors to chop bubblegum.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for