You can install rear glass into your Chevy pickup with an assistant and a few supplies from an auto parts store. It should take you no longer than an hour to complete. Take care when installing the glass so that it doesn't shatter and cut you.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Work gloves
- Razor blade knife
- Assistant wearing work gloves
- Urethane primer
- Paint brush
- Caulking gun filled with urethane caulking
- New back window
Put on work gloves. Cut out the old weather stripping from your back window using a razor blade knife.
Ask your assistant stand in back of the pickup to catch the rear glass while you push it out of the frame from within the vehicle.
Remove all any remaining urethane from the rear windshield frame using the razor blade knife. Paint the window frame with urethane primer and let it completely dry.
Spread a bead of urethane caulking along the inside rear window frame.
Ask your helper to hold one side of the new back window while you hold the other side. Press it onto the rear window frame and push it into the bead of urethane. Allow it to dry completely for a day or two. Do not move the vehicle during this time.
Tips and warnings
- If the rear window has an electric defroster, have a professional do this job.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for