Text messaging has become a major form of communication for many people. Although text messages have advantages, they can result in a high phone bill for someone who doesn't have a text messaging plan. Receiving unwanted text messages can also be annoying. Whether you have unlimited text messaging service or not, Virgin Mobile makes it easy to block phone numbers from sending unwanted text messages to your phone in a matter of minutes, online or by phone.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Internet connection
Go to the Virgin Mobile USA website (see Resources) and click on the "Sign-In" tab on the top-right corner.
Type in your phone number and password and press "Submit."
Find the "Message Setting" tab on the left-hand bar and scroll down to the "Block Text" option in the drop-down menu.
Add the numbers that you wish to block text messages from and click "Update."
Tips and warnings
- You can also enter *86 on your cell phone to speak with a Virgin Mobile customer service representative. Provide the representative with the area code and seven-digit phone number for the number you wish to block.
- If you prefer to not receive any text messages from anyone, you can disable text messaging on your phone.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for