Take advantage of all the summer has to offer. Sweet, succulent melon together with rich milk in a frozen dessert will please even the pickiest of palates. Melon flavoured ice cream uses the cantaloupe or honeydew melons available in abundance during the warm summer months. This fruit is often considered only a breakfast side dish or for salads, but even healthy melon can be a part of a decadent dessert. Use cantaloupe or honeydew melons for your ice cream, because watermelons are too watery for the recipe.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 cups honeydew or cantaloupe melon cubes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups half and half
- Food processor
- Ice cream machine
Combine the melon cubes, sugar, and half and half in the work bowl of a food processor.
Purée the mixture until smooth.
Transfer the mixture to an ice cream machine.
Freeze according to the ice cream maker manufacturer's instructions.
Tips and warnings
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, freeze the ice cream base in a shallow baking pan. Scrape the mixture out of the baking pan after 30 minutes and purée in your food processor. This will make the ice cream smooth instead of icy. Refreeze the ice cream mixture for another 30 minutes. Repeat puréeing and freezing the ice cream for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the ice cream has an ice cream consistency.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for