Hair bows are popular with cheerleaders, young girls, and adults for special occasions. Making hair bows to sell at a craft fair can be a lucrative endeavour. Bows are easy to make and the materials are inexpensive. How do you display those hair bows so that customers can browse through the different designs easily? There are several options that work well to put your best pieces on display for others to see.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- X-acto knife
- Hole punch
- Display rack (optional)
- Rotating display (optiional)
- Pegboard (optional)
- Small statues (optional)
- Life-size dolls (optional)
- Index cards (optional)
- Business labels (optional)
- Grosgrain ribbon, 3-4 inches wide, 2 feet long (optional)
Purchase custom postcards. These can be purchased through online companies like Vista Print or Overnight Prints and customised with your business name.
Cut two slits in the middle of the card with an X-acto knife. These slits will allow you to place a clip with hair bow on the card. Off-set the location of the slit for best display advantage of your card.
Punch a hole in the top of the card with a large hole punch. The card can then be hung on a small hook attached to a display rack, rotating display or pegboard.
Post Cards Display
Display bows on small statues. For example, you might wrap a bow on an elastic band around the head of a small teddy bear statue, or something more classic like the Venus di Milo.
Add bows to child-size dolls. Dressing a pretty doll with some of your bows can help customers see how the bow might look on an child.
Cut a three to four inch wide grosgrain ribbon about two feet long. The ribbon can then be hung from a coat hanger or nail. The hair bows can be clipped down the length of the ribbon in whatever manner pleases you. This is the most inexpensive solution to displaying hair bows.
Cut slits in index cards and display bows on simple white or coloured, non-lined cards. If you want to customise the cards, print some labels with your business name and contact information and place on the back of the cards.
Tips and warnings
- Make a few bows while customers are at your craft fair booth. They will see that you can do custom work. You may even want to make a bow to match a child's outfit and offer it as a gift to entice others to buy your bows.
- Grosgrain ribbon can be purchased at most fabric stores. It is a stiff, ridged ribbon with a double ridge on the sides.
- If you have a few extra dollars to spend, you can buy ready-made display cards from sites like Hair Hardware and Hip Girl Clips.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for