The salt pipe was created during the 20th century to help individuals with allergies, asthma and other respiratory disorders to breathe more freely. The pollutants in the air are causing more individuals to acquire respiratory problems. Breathing the salt and essence oil mixture is said to help cleanse the lungs of the pollutant toxins. It is said that using the salt pipe daily will help individuals with respiratory allergies, asthma, bronchitis, nasal catarrh, hay-fever, whooping-cough, infectious respiratory diseases and respiratory problems caused by smoking.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Amber coloured bottle with tight fitting lid
- Coarse salt
- Essential oil such as lavender, frankincense, myrrh, eucalyptus or peppermint
Wash the amber bottle thoroughly with soap and water and rinse. Turn the bottle over so the water on the inside of the bottle is able to drain. Allow the bottle to air dry for 1 hour. Check the inside of the bottle for water before beginning. The bottle must be completely dry.
Fill the amber bottle with coarse salt.
Add 3 to 10 drops of the desired essential oil. Begin by adding 3 drops to the coarse salt. Put the lid on the bottle and shake. Open the bottle and smell the aroma. Add 1 drop of essential oil at a time until the aroma is pleasing to the senses. Repeat the shaking process between each additional drop of essential oil.
Tips and warnings
- Add more essential oil as the aroma is depleted from the salt mixture.
- Keep the bottle closed when not in use.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for