It is no longer necessary to hire a professional to get your carpets clean. Bissell makes a line of carpet shampooers that will do just as good a job. You don't even have to purchase a Bissell carpet shampooer if you don't want to. These units are readily available for rent from most home improvement and department stores. Learn how to properly use a Bissell carpet shampooer to get the best results.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Hot water
- Bissell cleaning fluid
Remove the clean water tank from the Bissell carpet shampooer and unscrew the cap. Fill it to the line with hot tap water.
Add your choice of Bissell carpet cleaning formula to the water tank. The cap to the water tank is your measuring device. Add two capfuls and replace the cap. Put the clean water tank back in the carpet cleaning machine.
Plug the power cord into the nearest outlet. Turn the Bissell carpet shampooer power switch to the "On" position.
Press the green lever to release the shampooer's handle. Push the carpet shampooer forward and then back while holding down the trigger. This releases the cleaning solution and activates the brushes.
Start at the far end of the room and work your way toward the entrance. Push the shampooer back and forth over the same area without holding the trigger. Do this until all of the water, soap and dirt has been soaked up.
Attach the hose to the connection point on the shampooer if you want to use any attachments. Connect the attachment you want to use to the end of the hose. Press the red trigger to release the cleaning fluid, and let go when you want to suck up the water and cleaning solution.
Turn the power switch to the "Off" position when you have finished shampooing your carpet. Unplug the cord from the outlet.
Tips and warnings
- Call 800-237-7691 if you have any questions about the use of the Bissell carpet shampooer.
- Always vacuum and move furniture out of the room you want to shampoo before using the Bissell carpet shampooer.
- Always clean the dirty water tank after use.
- If your carpet has heavy stains, you will need to pretreat the stains first. Use Bissell's Tough Stain Pretreat formula.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for