The soft texture and tasty zing of sour gummy candies can give your taste buds a workout with their sweet and tart combination. Candy lovers may not realise how simple it is to recreate this candy store classic in their own kitchens. Unlike some candy recipes, sour gummy candy preparation doesn't require a specific temperature level and should only take about 20 minutes to complete.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Dessert pan
- Cooking spray
- Saucepan or boiling pot
- 1 cup of water
- 3 packets of unflavored gelatin (substitute pectin for vegan recipes)
- 2 boxes of gelatin dessert mix (any flavour)
- 1/2 packet of drink mix (any flavour)
- Lemon or lime juice
Spray your dessert pan with cooking spray. The warm candy gel will be placed on this pan when the recipe is complete.
Boil 1 cup of water in a saucepan or boiling pot.
Add in the unflavored gelatin, gelatin dessert mix and drink mix once the water begins to boil. Stir quickly and thoroughly until all the powders have dissolved.
Remove the mixture from the heat, and let sit for one minute. Add a few drops of lemon or lime juice to flavour the candy.
Pour the mixture onto your dessert pan, and place the pan in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes. Once the mixture has set, you can cut it into shapes with a knife or a cookie cutter.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for