"The cat is above all things, a dramatist," states the noted English author and amateur Egyptologist Margaret Benson. Add to the drama and flare in your kitty's wardrobe with a cloth bandanna. This simple accessory can dress up a cat or create the perfect touch to her outfit. With some decorative fabric and simple craft tools, you can make a bandanna for your cat's every look and mood.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cotton fabric
Measure a 14-inch square of decorative fabric. Decrease the size by one or two inches if the cat is small. Cut out the square.
Fold the square in half on the diagonal. Press the triangle flat with an iron. Open the triangle back up to the square shape and cut along the pressed crease.
Fold the wrong edges in 1/4 inch around the perimeter of one triangle. Then fold the edges in again another 1/4-inch. Iron flat and pin into place.
Thread a needle and knot the thread at the other end. Sew a seam through the folds around the perimeter of the triangle, removing the pins as you go. Knot and snip off the excess thread. Repeat the process with the other triangle for a second bandanna.
Tips and warnings
- Try using scrap fabrics for colourful bandannas.
- Use caution when working with sharp objects like a scissors or a needle to prevent injury.
- Don't force a cat to wear a bandanna or other clothing if it frightens her. Introduce the bandanna by letting her sniff it and rubbing it over her body.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for