If you are looking for a fun and easy face-painting idea, a mouse is one of the simplest faces you can create. A mouse makes a great costume, and the face painting can easily be done at home by parents on a small budget.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Facial wipes
- Small paintbrush
- Cotton swabs
- Water-based face paint (white, pink and black)
- Kohl pencil
Cleanse the face with a facial wipe.
Dip a sponge into water and squeeze it out so the sponge is damp but not soaking. Dip the sponge into white water-based face paint. Cover the entire face, including lips and eyebrows, in an even layer of white.
Apply pink water-based face paint onto a small paintbrush. Paint a circle on the point of the nose.
Use a kohl eyeliner pencil to paint three black dots in a triangle on the left side of the upper lip, making the triangle point toward the left ear. Repeat on the right side of the upper lip with a triangle pointing toward the right ear.
Add whiskers, using the kohl pencil. Draw three swooping lines on the left cheek with even gaps between each one. Repeat on the right cheek.
Draw arches above the eyes, using the kohl pencil. Start at the corner of the left eye and draw an arch that curves just above the eyebrow and ends at the opposite corner of the left eye. Repeat on the right eye. This will give the effect of large mouse eyes.
Paint the middle of the upper and lower lips pink, using a cotton swab dipped into pink water-based face paint. Leave the corners of the lips white.
Add mouse teeth, using a cotton swab dipped into white water-based face paint. Draw two rectangles next to each other, starting from the top of the bottom lip, and ending just below the bottom of the lips. Outline the two rectangles with either a kohl pencil or black face paint on a swab.
Tips and warnings
- White face paint can be replaced with grey or brown face paint. The pink nose can be black.
- If you don't have a kohl eyeliner pencil, you can also use a cotton swab dipped into black water-based face paint.
- Confirm the person who is to be painted is not allergic to any of the face-paint ingredients.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for