American coffee is a brew made from mild or robustly dark coffee beans -- either freshly ground or pre-ground and sealed in an airtight package or container. Many Americans enjoy adding flavoured creamers to coffee. These creamers come in liquid and powdered form. Coffee with flavoured creamers resembles some coffeehouse-flavoured drinks, such as lattes. Make standard American coffee in an automatic drip coffeemaker for an everyday cup of coffee.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Automatic drip coffeemaker
- Cool water
- Paper filter
- Ground coffee
- Coffee cup
- Half-and-half creamer
- Granulated sugar
Pour cool water into the reservoir of the coffeemaker. Fill the reservoir to the line that indicates the number of servings you wish to make.
Place a paper filter into the filter basket. Use natural, unbleached filters or standard bleached filters.
Fill the filter with ground coffee, using 1 tbsp of coffee for every 118 to 236ml. of water you poured into the reservoir -- use a smaller amount of coffee grounds to make weaker coffee.
Place the carafe onto the warming plate and press the "Start" button. Allow the coffee to brew completely.
Pour the hot coffee into a coffee cup. Add the half-and-half creamer and granulated sugar to your coffee, fixing it to your individual taste.
Tips and warnings
- Grinding coffee beans immediately before brewing helps create a bold cup of coffee. Grind beans to a medium-fine coarseness to impart bold flavour, without the coffee grounds seeping through the filter.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for