Refilling a perfume bottle without causing damage can be difficult because the tops of the bottles containing perfume are factory sealed. However, you can buy attractive perfume bottles or atomisers that are refillable. The latter are useful for putting in handbags because they are quite small. Some perfume companies do provide refills for their perfumes.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Paper towel
- Perfume bottle or atomiser
Place paper towels on a work surface, along with a funnel, perfume and perfume bottle.
Remove the top from the perfume bottle, including the extending tube that goes into the bottle. Insert the funnel into the bottle.
Spray the perfume into the funnel until the bottle is nearly full. If the perfume pours, pour it straight into the bottle; depending on the size of the opening, you might not need the funnel.
Screw the top back onto the perfume bottle, making sure that the plastic tube is inserted into the bottle.
Follow the same instructions for a perfume atomiser. You may need to take out the centre insert with one of these.
Tips and warnings
- Perfume is expensive, so be careful when spraying into the funnel to ensure you do not waste any.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for