A swamp monster costume is not only fun to wear, but it is also fun to make. Unlike some other costumes, this one doesn't have a rigid look meaning you can be as creative as you want. You can add more to this costume to make it scarier and over the top, or you can tone it down as well.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Dark green long-sleeved shirt
- Dark green trousers
- Fuzzy slippers (preferably green)
- Old rags or fabric
- Green fur fabric
- Green spray paint
- Green face paint
- Green knit hat (or fuzzy green wig)
- Green gloves
- Hot glue gun
- Green yarn (optional)
- Plastic bugs, snakes, slime and leaves (all optional)
Tear the old fabric into long strips. Spray paint them green. Also, paint the fuzzy slippers if they are not already green.
Glue the strips onto your trousers and shirt. They do not have to be glued on in an orderly fashion, but rather haphazardly and in layers. Cover as much of your clothing as you want.
Cut pieces of the green fur fabric and glue those onto various strips. This will give your costume volume and depth. If you choose to use yarn, cut pieces in differing lengths and glue them onto the strips as well.
Glue fur, fabric or yarn onto the gloves and hat. If you found a fuzzy green wig, you may still want to attach fur, fabric or yarn to it so it blends with the rest of your costume.
Put on your costume. Apply the green face paint all over your face. Put your swamp monster hat or wig on. Lastly, wear your gloves for the final touch.
Tips and warnings
- Prepare your costume a few days in advance. This will ensure all the paint is dry (and doesn't smell) the night you will wear it. It also gives you more than enough time to add any final touches.
- Some things you may want to add to your costume the night you will wear it are plastic bugs or snakes, green slime and leaves.
- Not everything has to match. In fact, different shades of green look better.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for