Whether you're headed to Cosplay or want to rock out this Halloween, Naruto lookalikes must have his signature headband. Naruto, the title character in the anime series "Naruto Shippuden," is a ninja learning how to use magical powers. His headband is emblazoned with a kohona spiral symbolising his home village. You, too, can sport this symbol by making your own headband with a few household supplies.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Silver aluminium beverage can
- Utility knife
- Kohona symbol picture
- Black fabric
- Super glue
Cut off the top and bottom of the beverage can. Slit the resulting cylinder down one side in as straight a line as possible. Be very careful; cut aluminium is sharp.
Spread the aluminium sheet out on a flat surface. The inside of the can should be free of patterns. Cut a 2 inch wide by 4 inch long rectangle from your aluminium. Discard or recycle the rest of the aluminium.
Place your kohona symbol picture on top of your aluminium. Pressing hard, trace the edges of the symbol with a chopstick. The stick should indent the aluminium with the symbol. You may freehand the symbol onto paper or get it from the Nautiljon.com resource.
Cut out the kohona spiral with your utility knife. Use caution and cut slowly. Both the aluminium and the knife are very sharp.
Cut a strip of black fabric about 3 inches wide and 3 feet long. Coat the back of your metal kohona with super glue. Press it down against the exact centre of your fabric strip. Allow the headband to dry overnight. Tie the band around your forehead to complete your costume.
Tips and warnings
- Fold the edges of the aluminium over if making the headband for a child. This blunts the edges and prevents injury.
- Try making Naruto's favourite weapons--the throwing star and kunai knife--from the rest of the aluminium. Never throw or try to stab anyone with your homemade weapons.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for