The birthday table at a child's party is going to be one of the main places the guests will gather to eat food or do an activity. So when it comes to children's party tables, less is more. However, less doesn't have to mean plain or boring. By following a few simple guidelines, you can create a children's birthday table that will look clever and have other parents stealing your ideas.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Protective table covering (optional)
- Plastic tablecloth
- Curling ribbon
- Place cards
- Bowls of snacks
- Double-stick tape
- Centrepiece (usually the birthday cake)
- Party plates
- Plastic cups
- Plastic utensils
Cover the table. If you're concerned about the table you're going to use getting damaged, place a protective covering on the table before placing a festive plastic tablecloth over the top.
Attach streamers to a light fixture over the table. String them to the edge of the room.
Blow up five or more balloons. Tie ribbons to the ends and hang them from the light fixture above the table using the other end of the ribbon. Hang them high enough so the kids can't hit them.
Scatter confetti on the table. Use confetti that matches the theme of the party or is cut into birthday shapes.
Set out your centrepieces. The centrepieces should match the party's theme. Place one in the middle of the table and then one on either side.
Place party plates in front of each chair at the table.
Place a napkin on each plate.
Put the plastic utensils on top of the napkin on the plate.
Set out cups. They should be set on the top-left side of each plate.
Set out place cards. Doing so will eliminate the chance a young guest will get their feelings hurt because they think no one wants to sit next to them.
Tips and warnings
- To make sure the tablecloth doesn't slide around, tape it to the underside of the table.
- Place double-stick tape on the bottom of centrepieces and bowls on the table so they don't tip over.
- The main centrepiece in the middle of the table can be the honoree's birthday cake (covered so little fingers don't get into the frosting).
- Place card ideas include tying a balloon to the back of each chair with a guest's name written on each one, placing a goody bag with each guest's name on it above each plate on the table, or writing a guest's name on each cup.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for