The Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer is a clear plastic container designed to sterilise up to four 147ml., 255gr. or standard-sized bottles, breast pump parts or other microwave-safe items that need sterilising and can fit within the sterilizer's container unit. As the unit sterilises with steam, little preparation is necessary except for making certain that you've pre-cleaned the sterilizer and items, added water and positioned the items to fit beneath the lid before placing in the microwave.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Mild detergent
- Microfiber cloths
- Distilled water
Wash your Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer base, tongs and lid, as well as any items you plan to place in the sterilizer, by hand with warm soapy water with a microfiber cloth or in the top rack of a dishwasher. If you washing the items by hand, rinse the pieces thoroughly to remove all residues. Set the tongs aside when finished.
Fill the base of the sterilizer with 7 fl. oz. of distilled water. Insert the rack into the base.
Position your items on the rack. For example, place bottles -- mouths pointing downward -- into the holders or notches: 147ml. and 255gr. bottles fitting into the four crescent-shaped holders and standard bottles laying diagonally fitting into the arrow-shaped notches. Nipples fit around the edges when sterilising the smaller bottles or into the crescent-shaped holders when sterilising larger bottles.
Place the lid on the base and secure with the side catches.
Open your microwave door, insert the sterilizer and then close the door. Program a heating time based on your microwave's wattage: two minutes for a 1,100- to 1,850-watt microwave, four minutes for an 850- to 1,000-watt microwave or six minutes for a 500- to 800-watt microwave. Turn on your microwave.
Wait for the sterilizer to cool at least two minutes after the heating cycle ends and then remove it from the microwave by carrying it with your hands at the sides of the base.
Remove the lid and the items from the base. Dump the water from the base. Rinse the sterilizer pieces and then set the pieces aside to air dry.
Tips and warnings
- If necessary, use the tongs to remove items from the sterilizer.
- Never use antibacterial soap to clean the sterilizer or any items that you're going to place in it.
- Never place the bottle brush in the microwave as the metal parts on it can cause sparks or a fire.
- The Steam Guard doesn't require the use of any sterilising products such as bleach. Use of these chemical sterilizers can result in a health hazard or damage to the container.
- Always use distilled water to reduce scale build-up.
- Overloading can reduce the unit's ability to sterilise as can adding too much water to the base. Too little water can damage the unit.
- Never carry the sterilizer by the handle on the lid.
- Always use caution when opening the lid to prevent steam from burning you.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for