Brother is the manufacturer of the MFC 9420 series of printers. An MFC printer offers the ability to print, copy, fax and scan with one machine. This device also offers a paper capacity of up to 780 sheets when the optional second paper tray is installed. Thankfully, if an MFC's fuser becomes disabled, it is relatively easy to replace.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Turn off the device and allow time for it to cool down.
Open the both the scanner unit and the scanner covers.
Release the lock levers on the fusing unit to release it.
Slide the fusing unit out by using the handles on both sides of the unit.
Insert the new fusing unit.
Lock the levers on both sides of the fusing unit.
Slide the pressure release levers to the "Set" position.
Close the scanner unit and scanner covers.
Turn the power on.
Press the "Menu/Set" key on the front panel.
Press the "Up" key until "Machine Info" is displayed and then press "Menu/Set."
Press the "Up" key until "Reset menu" is displayed and then press "Menu/Set."
Press the "Up" key until "Fusing Unit" is displayed and then press "Menu/Set." A confirmation message will appear on the LCD display.
Press "1" to reset the fusing-unit life counter.
Tips and warnings
- The fusing unit, as well as other parts in the printer, can be very hot. Be certain to wait for a few minutes before replacing the fusing unit to allow the unit to cool down.
- Do not put undue pressure on the fusing unit. If it does not slide in easily, make certain that the unit connector has free movement. Too much pressure on the fusing unit could damage it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for