If you have multiple children who are small enough to ride in a stroller, you need a double stroller to make pushing them both possible by one parent. Double strollers are expensive and cumbersome. Umbrella strollers are small, lightweight and inexpensive. Unfortunately, they only sit one child, necessitating two strollers and two parents to push them. Luckily there is a solution. You can connect two umbrella strollers together, side by side, saving you money and making it easy to transport both children.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Two umbrella strollers
- Three bungee cords
Set up your two umbrella strollers. You can use two of the same model or two different strollers; however, it is best to use two strollers that are about the same size. The handles should be at the same height and the wheels should line up to ensure proper attachment.
Obtain three bungee cords. Bungee cords are elastic bands that are covered in fabric and have hooks on either end. You want the bungees short, approximately three to four inches in length to make connecting easier.
Place your two strollers next to one another, as close as possible. Place a bungee cord around both strollers just below the handles. Place one of the bungee's hooks on one stroller and wrap the cord around both handles as many times as possible. Attach the second hook to the other strollers handle.
Repeat Step 3 two more times with the other two bungee cords. Place one of the bungees where the front wheels of the two strollers meet and one of the bungees where the back wheels of the two strollers meet. Wrap the bungees around as many times as possible. Ensure the bungees do not inhibit the turning of the wheels. Adjust the placement if necessary.
Tips and warnings
- If you prefer, you can purchase stroller connectors. These are available online as well as at baby supply stores. These can be used in lieu of the bungee cables. If you choose to use a commercial stroller connector, follow the specific instructions for that product.
- To store your strollers, remove the bungees and collapse the strollers. The bungees can be reattached the next time you want to use them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for