When you invest in a good watch, you want to get as many years of use as possible out of it. Watch bands can wear out or styles can change, but there is no need to replace your watch when it starts to look its age; instead, give your Casio watch a makeover by replacing the watch band.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Spring bar tool or small screwdriver
Measure the width of your watch strap where it meets the body of the watch. Select a new watch band that matches this measurement.
Turn your watch on its side. Use the forked spring bar tool or small screwdriver to slightly compress the spring bar which holds the watch band in place. Once compressed, it should pop out.
Remove the spring bar from your old watch strap and place it in the new strap.
Place one end of the spring bar in the lug hole of the watch body. Compress the bar enough to slide the other end into the opposite lug hole. Use the spring bar tool if necessary.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 for the other side of the watch.
Tips and warnings
- Using the proper tool to remove the spring bar can save you a lot of frustration. Spring bar tools are available at several online retailers.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for