Bluetooth headsets allow you to make and receive calls on your mobile phone without using your hands. Hands-free calling isn’t just convenient. In many states, it’s illegal to talk on your phone while driving unless you are using a hands-free headset such as the Plantronics Explorer 340. The Explorer 340 connects with (or “pairs” with) any mobile phone that allows Bluetooth connections.
- Skill level:
Turn on the Bluetooth feature on your mobile phone to allow it to search for Bluetooth signals within range of the phone.
Hold down the call button on your Plantronics 340 until the headset flashes blue and red lights.
Select the Plantronics 340 headset in the list of Bluetooth devices within range. Click “Next.”
Enter the passkey as “0000.” Click “Next.” Use your Plantronics 340 headset as desired when it flashes blue to indicate the pairing is successful.
Tips and warnings
- In most cases, you only have to pair the Plantronics Explorer 340 with your phone once.
- These instructions can vary slightly depending on the model of mobile phone you use. Consult your phone’s user manual if you have questions regarding how to set up a Bluetooth connection with your specific model.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for