How to Enable Bluetooth in Dell Latitude D610
Jupiterimages/Brand X Pictures/Getty Images
The Dell Latitude D610 is a slim, easy-to-carry laptop with an array of features geared towards the modern business professional seeking a mobile solution. In its standard configuration, the Latitude D610 comes equipped with a 1.
86 GHz Pentium M processor, 512 MB of DDR2 SDRAM, 40 GB of hard drive space, a CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive, Wi-Fi capabilities and a 14 inch XGA TFT display. Improve your laptop’s capabilities by enabling it to communicate with Bluetooth devices.
- The Dell Latitude D610 is a slim, easy-to-carry laptop with an array of features geared towards the modern business professional seeking a mobile solution.
- Improve your laptop’s capabilities by enabling it to communicate with Bluetooth devices.
Open the laptop and turn it on. Log in to Windows.
Confirm that you have the latest Bluetooth drivers for the D610 by downloading an installer from the Dell website. Run the installer program and follow the onscreen instructions.
Press the Fn and F2 keys to enable Bluetooth connectivity. Locate the array of green lights near the display. Confirm that Bluetooth connectivity is enabled by checking to see if the light next to the Bluetooth icon is lit.
- Press the Fn and F2 keys to enable Bluetooth connectivity.
Select the Control Panel from the Start menu. Open the Bluetooth Devices Control Panel.
Click on the "Options" tab. Activate the option labelled “Turn discovery on.” Bluetooth connectivity is now enabled on your Latitude D610.
How to Recover an Acer Aspire M1640→
How to Reset My Dell Latitude D505 Laptop Back to Factory Condition→
How to Restore a Dell Latitude D620 to Factory Settings→
How to Enable a Disabled Dell Vostro Wireless Connection→
My iPod shuffle light keeps blinking when charging→
How to Use an Acer 5920 Bluetooth→
- To join a personal area network using Bluetooth, open the Network Connections control panel and double-click on the Bluetooth Network Connection icon. This will display a list of devices; select a device and click "Connect." A TCP/IP connection will now be opened between the device and your computer.
- To connect to a Bluetooth printer, open the Printers and Faxes control panel. Click "Add a Printer" and select the option labelled “A Bluetooth printer.” Your computer will display a list of Bluetooth printers in the vicinity; select your preferred printer.
- To connect to a Bluetooth modem, open the Phone and Modem Options control panel. In the Modems tab, click "Add." Click on the Bluetooth device you wish to use as a modem.
- When connecting to a Bluetooth printer, you must have the corresponding drivers installed before you will able to print from the device.
- Not all Dell Latitude D610 laptops come equipped with Bluetooth connectivity. Confirm that a Bluetooth adaptor is installed by checking the information in the Bluetooth Devices control panel.
Daniel Barrows has been working as a freelance writer for businesses in the Southern California area for over two years. He has also published articles online for websites like eHow.com and Answerbag.com. He has received a Bachelors of Arts in English from the University of California, Berkeley.