Microsoft PowerPoint has sustained its place as the presentation tool of choice for years. Podcasting is increasingly growing in popularity for disseminating information. Combined, the two are a powerful presentation pair. Embedding a podcast video in PowerPoint is likely to become a required skill for well-rounded presenters. The process is simple and straightforward.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Microsoft PowerPoint software
- A podcast video
Open Microsoft PowerPoint to a blank slide. Save the PowerPoint presentation.
Navigate to the podcast video. "Copy and paste" or "Save" the video into the same folder as the PowerPoint presentation.
Click "Insert" on the menu in PowerPoint. Navigate to the far right on the menu and select "Movie File." Click "OK." A new window will offer options for how the movie should start when this slide is opened. Choose "Automatically" or "When Clicked." The movie will be inserted in the PowerPoint slide.
Adjust the size of the movie by grabbing one of the circles at the corners of the embedded movie file.
Follow the steps recommended to test the functionality:
Press the F5 key on your keyboard. The PowerPoint presentation will start.
Click the image of the video clip. It will play.
Press the Escape key on your keyboard when you are finished.
Tips and warnings
- Two decisions are required before embedding your video in PowerPoint: choosing a video format and resolution. Refer to "Adding a Video to PowerPoint 2007" for suggestions.
- There are no editing capabilites in PowerPoint. The movie should be production ready when inserted.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for