Apple's Airport Express Base Station allows for a wide variety of wireless solutions for your computers. A great feature is its ability to play music wirelessly to your personal home stereo through your computer network. This will allow you to play music from your computer to any room where a stereo is present.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1/8" to RCA audio cable
Plug the Airport Express into an outlet near your home stereo.
Plug the single plug end of an 1/8" audio to RCA cable into the audio port on the Airport Express.
Plug the two plug end of the cable (usually coloured red and white) to available audio ports on your home stereo.
Launch iTunes on your computer and connect to the Airport Express wireless network.
Click on the speakers menu on the bottom right corner of iTunes that has appeared and click on "Wireless speakers".
Turn on your home stereo and play an audio file on iTunes.
Tips and warnings
- Some home theatres have a 1/8" audio port. In this case you can use an audio cable with this connection on both ends.
- Adjusting your computer's volume will not adjust the volume on your home theatre. Use the volume sliders in iTunes to adjust speaker volume.
- Selecting "Multiple speakers" in step 5 will let you play from multiple speakers at once. This can be used to play music in multiple rooms and from your computer at the same time.
- Start with a low volume when turning on your home stereo. High volume settings may damage your speakers.
- Following these steps on a wireless network with no password will allow your neighbours to play music to your home theatre.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for