Arabian style decorating is possible no matter where you live in the world. You just need to learn how to use a variety of Arabian colour styles and patterns, and how to make it your own. Arabian style emanates luxury and comfort, making you want to cuddle up with a good book or spend quality time with your friends and family. Attractive Arabian style decorating fills a space with colour and detail.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Determine how much space you have to work with and which room will be decorated with the Arabian theme.
Choose a colour palette for the room with rich colours such as deep red, purple, emerald, tan and royal blue. Orange is also a great choice for Arabian decor Plan the room around these colours.
Paint the walls a deep rich colour from your colour palette.
Create a common area or seating area for guests by spreading a large, colourful carpet or area rug onto the floor. This works in a living room, sitting room, bedroom and other areas. Place colourful pillows along the rug and walls for guests to lean against. Toss pillows along any couches, chairs or lounge areas that are in the room. If it is a bedroom, include lots of pillows on the bed itself.
Use pillows to create floor decorations at the corners of the room. You can put different sized and coloured pillows together to create an arrangement in Arabian style. Add floor pots and artificial flowers to the floor decorations to complete the look.
Hang wall ornaments of amulets such as the Evil Eye amulet which is Arabian in tradition. Hookahs are another decorative item of the culture that makes great decor pieces and conversational pieces.
Use rich colours in your fabrics on furniture or furniture coverings, window coverings and draperies and bedspreads if the room is a bedroom. Think of the colours in your colour palette. Colours don't have to match in Arabian style decorating. Blends of exotic materials work great.
Tips and warnings
- Complete your Arabian style decorating with soft lighting or adjustable lighting that can be turned down low while entertaining or in the evenings. Alternatively, use candle lighting in the room.
- Avoid making the area uncomfortable since a big part of Arabian style is luxury, lounging and visiting with friends and family. You want to decorate a room that you and guests can find comfortable.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for