Stay cool in the sun with your very own sun visor hat. This easy-to-make, do-it-yourself visor will shield your skin and eyes from the harsh sun. This is a fun activity to do with kids.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Poster board or foam
Cut the poster board or foam into the shape of a triangle--in the size you want your visor to be--with strips down each side. The strips will become the band of the visor.
Decorate the material with paint.
Fold the left strip in half and cut a slit about 1-inch long (2-inch total) into the fold.
Slide the right strip into the slit in the left strip. This becomes the back of the visor and should look like an X.
Adjust to fit your head, wear and enjoy.
Create Your Visor
Tips and warnings
- Wear sunscreen for full sun protection.
- For a fun twist, crease the poster board into a corrugated, zig-zag pattern.
- Children under the age of 10 should be supervised while doing this task.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for