If your Timex watch band is too large, you don't have to spend the money to have it sized by a professional jeweller or watchmaker. With the right tools, you can adjust your Timex watch band in your own home for little or no cost. Taking extra links out of a Timex watch band is simple and can give you a custom fit.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Jeweller's cloth or optical cleaning cloth
- Watch pin removal tool or push pin
- Optical or jewellery screwdriver, 1mm
Lay your Timex watch face down on a soft jeweller's cloth or optical cleaning cloth to protect the face of your watch from being scratched or scuffed.
Examine the back of your Timex watch band to find the little arrows that indicate which direction the link pins must be pushed to be removed.
Use a watch pin removal tool, or a push pin, to apply pressure to the link pin that secures that last watch link. Gradually apply more and more pressure until the link pin comes free.
Keep the watch links and pins that you remove from your Timex watch band in the event that you need to repair your watch band in the future.
Pin-Held Watch Bands
Try on your Timex watch to determine how many watch links you want to remove.
Cover a flat work surface with a protective cloth and lay your Timex watch face down on the cloth.
Locate the tiny screws that secure the removable links on your Timex watch band.
Use a 1mm optical or jewellery screwdriver to remove the screws on each side of the watch link to free it. Turn the screws counterclockwise to loosen them.
Remove additional Timex watch band links using the same process. Keep the removed watch components to serve as replacement parts.
Screw-Held Watch Bands
Tips and warnings
- Tweezers and a magnetic-tipped optical screwdriver may make it easier for you to handle the minuscule watch screws.
- Take care not to scratch the face or finish of your Timex watch while removing extra links. If you are concerned about damaging your watch while sizing it, take your watch band to have it adjusted by a jeweller for a nominal fee.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for