Some BMWs have a Bluetooth feature that allow you to make hands-free calls while you are driving. This feature will only work on phones that have Bluetooth capabilities. Once a phone is paired with the car's system, it will connect automatically once the vehicle is turned on and the phone is within 10 feet of the vehicle, either in a purse, briefcase, pocket or glove box. There is a microphone built into the system that will pick up your voice and you will hear the conversation through the vehicle's speaker system. Before you can use the Bluetooth feature in your BMW, you must first pair a phone.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Press the "Send/Receive" button and hold it down. This button is located in the console of the BMW, just above the cup holders.
Turn on the BMW and release the "Send/Receive" button. You will see a message on the display screen that says "Bluetooth Pairing."
Turn on the Bluetooth feature on your cell phone. Refer to your cell phone's user manual to activate this feature.
Pairing a Phone
Press the "Send/Receive" button to activate the Bluetooth feature. Depending on the model of your BMW, this button is either located on the steering wheel or in the centre console of the vehicle.
Hold down this button until you hear one beep from the stereo system.
Pick a number to call either from your phone's phone book or by saying the number with area code out loud.
Say "Dial Number" or "Dial Phone" to place the call. The Bluetooth feature will call the number.
Making a Call
Press the "Send/Receive" button on the steering wheel or centre console of the car to answer a call.
Press the "Send" button on the cell phone to answer a call.
Press the "Send/Receive" button in the car or the "End" button on the cell phone to end a call.
Answer or End a Call
Tips and warnings
- You can pair up to four different phones to the BMW Bluetooth system, but only one phone can be connected to the system at a time.
- BMW warns that you should never use a phone or other device while driving as it may distract you. You should always obey traffic laws when it comes to driving and talking on a cell phone.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for