Let your guests know all the important details about your exciting 1980s themed party with a well-worded invitation. Decade theme parties incorporate the style, music, language and attitude of the chosen time period. The invitation to the party should reflect these same cultural ideas while conveying all the relevant information for the attendees. Give your prospective guests a laugh and peak their interest in your 1980s theme party by writing a fun and informative invitation.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Brainstorm for period specific words or phrases that you want to include in your 1980s theme party invitation. Valley-girl terms like "Totally Awesome," "Radical" and "Most Excellent" are great ways to describe a party.
Make a list of the important information that must be included in the invitation. Guests will need to be informed of where and when to attend, what to wear, what to bring and how many guests they can bring. You may also want to ask for attendees to RSVP so you are prepared for the correct number of people.
Write out a rough draft for the 1980s theme party invitation on a clean sheet of paper that includes all the necessary information using the period terminology. Proof read and edit this draft until you are satisfied.
Create a final draft of the invitation wording on a clean sheet of paper. This final version of the wording can be used as a reference when the invitations are printed.
Tips and warnings
- Adding a picture of yourself from the 1980s to the invitation is a nice touch to get a chuckle.
- Many websites offer free printable invitation templates. Choose a properly themed invitation and insert the words from your final draft before printing.
- Hand writing the names of the individual invitees is a simple touch that is often appreciated.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for