Elsa Peretti is a popular name in the jewellery world. She's even more famous with her exclusive line for Tiffany & Co. According to the Tiffany & Co. website, she makes "fluid and seamless" silver pieces such as charm bracelets, necklaces, and rings. Her jewellery has shapes of butterflies, tears, hearts, apples, and scorpions. Because of the jewellery's high prices, some have tried to recreate some of Elsa's designs, including her charm bracelets. These knock offs have been sold on websites such as eBay. You can learn how to spot a fake Elsa Peretti charm bracelet easily.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Observe the links of the bracelet. See if they match the picture on the Tiffany & Co. website. Links on a real Elsa Peretti bracelet will be smooth and soldered together, not pinched together.
Check if the clasp is in excellent condition. Is it strong and sturdy, or flimsy and cheap? The lobster clasp should have a 925 stamp. Look for the Elsa Peretti signature on the clasp as well.
Look for the "Please Return to Tiffany" slogan on the clasp. The clasp should have an opening mechanism next to your skin, when opened. When laid flat, it should face downwards.
Feel the bracelet in your hand. Is it heavy? An original Elsa Peretti charm bracelet would be heavy since it has .925 sterling silver.
Tips and warnings
- Ask a jeweller or Tiffany & Co. store associate if you're still unsure.
- Tiffany & Co. never has sales on its jewellery.
- Read the return policy before buying a Elsa Peretti charm bracelet.
- If you can't read the label on your bracelet, then it's likely to be a fake. An obvious factor would be that Tiffany & Co. or Elsa Peretti is misspelled.
- Always compare pictures before buying an Elsa Peretti charm bracelet from another website or dealer.
- Beware of websites that sell fake Elsa Peretti charm bracelets.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for