Fingerprint readers, security devices used to keep unauthorised people from logging on to your computer, are available on a variety of computer systems including the Hewlett-Packard (HP) Pavilion. The reader works by placing one of your fingers onto the reader's scanning device. The fingerprint reader then scans your finger and lets you access your computer. The reader, like other hardware on your computer, must be enabled through your computer's configuration. Once the configuration is complete, you can later access the settings to register another fingerprint.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cloth or rag
Wipe the finger you want to use on the fingerprint reader with a cloth or rag to remove any oil and dirt.
Click "Start," "All Programs," then "DigitalPersona Personal."
Click on "Fingerprint Enrollment Wizard."
Follow the on-screen prompts. Insert your finger onto the fingerprint reader when prompted.
Click "Finish" once the configuration process is complete.
Click "Start," then "Log Off."
Click on your user name to log on to your HP Pavilion. Place your finger on top of the reader to access your computer.
Tips and warnings
- Repeat the steps to set up another fingerprint, as recommended by Hewlett-Packard.
- To delete a fingerprint, enter the DigitalPersona Personal application, click on the highlighted fingerprint, and confirm that you want to delete the fingerprint.
- Your fingerprint reader is located on the area below your computer's keyboard, if using a laptop. It is on the computer's case, if using an HP Pavilion desktop computer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for