Most people have noticed that sugar dissolves differently in iced tea than it does in hot coffee. The dissolving rate is different. While dissolving sugar into water may seem like a simple process, a couple important steps can ensure your sugar is properly dissolved before consumption.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Pour your desired amount of sugar into water. Use warm or hot water to speed up the dissolving process.
Stir the mixture with a spoon.
Mix until the sugar is fully dissolved. The sugar particles should no longer be easily distinguishable to the naked eye.
Tips and warnings
- According to the University of Houston's student laboratory experiment, the temperature of the water, the size of the sugar particles and the rate at which you stir all affect how sugar dissolves in water.
- According to Purdue University, sugar dissolves when its bonds are broken, which is done through energy. Bonds are easier to break when the sugar is in a granule state and not a cube. Also the hotter the water and the more energy put into stirring the solution, the faster the sugar molecules can dissolve.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for