Vroom! Create a backyard Nascar arena with a cardboard race car for you and each of your fellow drivers. Customise the basic model with your team colours and add sporty fins and battery-powered lights. Make a checkered flag from coloured paper and spend hours of fun recreating your favourite races. Each home made car holds two drivers, so bring enough friends to create a monster team and an afternoon of racing fun. Have lots of fun with your kids this way, or just be a kid again yourself.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Two cardboard boxes, 14 inches x 20 inches
- Hot glue
- Masking tape
- Four cardboard boxes, 10 inches x 14 inches
- Cardboard paper towel roll
- Four large paper plates
Place the two large cardboard boxes together on a flat surface. Tape the bottom flaps closed and leave the top flaps open. Push three top flaps down inside the large box and hot glue them to the interior sides. Cut a large, rectangular hole from the fourth flap to make the windshield.
Hot glue the boxes together at one side. Cut out half of this side to form a centre "console" between the two "seats." Use masking tape to cover the seams.
Connect the two halves of the windshield together with masking tape.
Line up two smaller boxes in front of the large boxes. This is the engine. Hot glue the two boxes together, then tape the seams with masking tape.
Hot glue the two small boxes to the larger boxes, lining up the "engine."
Line up the other small boxes in back of the large box. This is the boot of the car. Hot glue the small boxes together, then use masking tape to hide the seams.
Glue the "trunk" to the main body of the car. Use masking tape to cover the seams.
Glue four paper plates on as wheels.
Glue one towel roll on the back underside as an exhaust pipe.
Glue the small paper plate to the towel roll. Glue the bottom third of the towel roll to the inside front of the passenger compartment to make the wheel.
Tips and warnings
- Cut fins, tail lights and other extras out of cardboard, attaching them with masking tape.
- Use a low temp glue gun only for this project. High temp glue guns can easily burn your fingers. Do not allow small kids to handle a glue gun to avoid injury.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for