The Natuzzi group produces high-grade natural Italian leather products. According to its website, Natuzzi is the leading producers of leather sofas and the largest furniture manufacturer in Italy. As many as 4,000 people from around the world purchase a piece of Natuzzi furniture daily. When curing their hides, the natural characteristic of the leather does not change, so it requires special handling. All types of leather furniture need unique care. Adding one to your home is an investment. It's important to learn the proper cleaning and maintenance to keep it in tiptop shape.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Non-abrasive white cloth
- Vacuum cleaner
- Upholstery attachment
- Paper towels
- Clean towel
- Colourless mild detergent
Dust using a clean, dry, and non-abrasive white cloth.
Vacuum at medium power with the upholstery cleaning attachment. Be careful not to rub the attachment directly on the leather.
Remove liquid spills immediately from the surface with absorbent paper towels. Wipe delicately, working from the outside of the stain toward the centre with a clean cloth soaked in water. Dry the leather with a clean towel. Do not let it air-dry or attempt to dry with a hair dryer.
Clean grease stains that are wet, such as ketchup or mayonnaise, with an absorbent paper towel. Do not exert pressure on the leather. This will force the substances into the porous surface. Wipe the area with a diluted solution of soapy water. The soap should be colourless. Don't use any type of detergent full strength. Rub the stain, working from the outside toward the centre. Dry the leather immediately.
Tips and warnings
- Position your sofa away from any sources of heat, such as vents or radiators.
- Do not expose the sofa to direct sunlight or strong light sources. Lamps with high-watt bulbs should be placed away from the furniture. This will cause your leather to fade.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for