Balloon drops are a popular part of large New Year's celebrations and weddings. While a balloon drop looks complicated, it is a simple way to make even a small party full of excitement. Guests will get to show off their competitive side by attempting to pop the most as they share a laugh stumbling around for those last few balloons. For extra fun, fill some balloons with candy or small party favour. If you are offering one special door prize, why not hide a ticket in one balloon?
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 rectangular paper tablecloths: 54''x108''
- hole punch
- Blue or White Painter's tape
- Streamers and confetti
- Small party favours (optional)
Lay two rectangular paper tablecloths side-by-side. Beginning six inches from the end of both table cloths, punch a hole every two inches no more than one inch from the edge.
Use yarn to loosely stitch the tablecloths together, creating one seam to rip when it is time to release the balloons. Leave one foot of yarn at the end to act as a rip cord.
Tape the connected tablecloths to the ceiling on three sides, making sure the tape adheres securely. The opposite end of the yarn rip cord should be left loose. Allow the centre of the tablecloths to drop loosely, leaving plenty of space for inflated balloons.
Insert inflated balloons, streamers, and confetti into the "pouch" you've created.
Tape the remaining loose end of the pouch to the ceiling.
When it's time to celebrate, just pull the rip cord, releasing confetti and balloons. Encourage guests to stomp and pop balloons to look for prizes.
Creating a Balloon Drop
Tips and warnings
- Use metallic confetti. Coloured paper confetti can get wet and cause stains on hard floors and carpets.
- Painter's tape can be found in the paint section of a hardware store. This type of tape is made specifically to prevent damage to walls and ceilings when removed.
- If there will be small children at your party, omit the party favours to avoid creating a choking hazard.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for